Issued: November 2015
Pluvinel is a digital solution dedicated to bringing equestrians together. operates a platform and community marketplace that helps people form offline experiences and relations directly with one another. Through the website/platform, they can create profiles, they can create, list, discover and book lessons, training, clinics and seminars around the world. It is a platform dedicated to bringing equestrians together. The platform enables people all over the world to create an online profile and to promote their business and their events. Riders can discover, share and register for events.
Our goals are:
- to grow the interest for the equestrian sport, as a hobby and as a professional sport
- to make it easy for the equestrian eco-system to thrive by meeting the digital demands of the future.
2. Collecting data and information
We hold personal data provided to us by registered users. You are able to opt out of certain processing by us of this additional data, as set out below. You agree that the visible and voluntary information provided by you (including in particular any entered content) can, in principle, be accessed and viewed by all users of the platform.
The following cannot be viewed: Username, password and phone number.
The information and data we collect are:
- Things you do and the information that you provide to create a profile, like basic information about you, your professional background and services you provide, etc
- Things others do and information they provide
- Your network and connections
- Information about payments
The information/data we collect are used to:
- Provide, improve and develop Pluvinel’s services to you
- Communicate with you
- Show and measure services
- Promote safety and security
You have the right to withdraw a consent which has been granted with effect for the future.
3. Communicating with you
Each time you use the website as a registered user, we may send you an email to verify or confirm details of the services requested. You are not able to opt out from these notices unless you cease to be a registered user. We also reserve the right to send all registered users mail or email communications from time to time regarding any technical, administrative or legal notices important to the website that we consider essential.
We may use the personal data supplied to us by registered users to send you information and marketing messages by email about related services which may be of interest to you.
4. Sharing information
We will not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal data to any third party, without your consent, except in the following circumstances:
We will disclose your personal data to any appropriate investigative third party if we believe that you are involved in any illegal or harmful conduct or if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary to
- comply with the law or with legal process
- protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public (eg. if you provide false or deceptive information about yourself or attempt to pose as someone else, we will disclose such information about you as we have to assist any type of investigation into your actions)
- protect and defend our rights and property or that of our users
- prevent fraud
- protect against abuse, misuse or unauthorized use of the Website
We may employ other organisations to provide services for us, including for example, processing of data and credit or debit card payments. These organisations have access to the personal data needed to perform their functions and not for any other purposes. They are bound by confidentiality agreements not to disclose any information for any other purpose.
- We may transfer the Website, including personal data contained therein, to a third party who acquires all or substantially all of the assets or our stock or takes over responsibility for operating the Website whether by merger, acquisition, reorganization or otherwise.
Computer Cookies are text files downloaded onto your computer by websites you visit on the internet. Cookies are commonly used to collect and store information about users, providing meaningful information back to the website visited. This information can be further on used to improve upon the user experience of individuals when browsing a website they have accessed before. Cookies can be activated/deactivated in your browser settings.
Below you will find details about the cookies used by Pluvinel to make your experience on the Website more efficient.
Google Analytics cookies collect and store information about visitors to our website; providing us with vital information for reporting, marketing and site improvement purposes. A few examples of the information collected include keeping track of:
- The website where visitors have landed from.
- The Pluvinel website visit landing page
- Number of visits a page receives
- Click through path/journey of visit
- Departing page
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Facebook Connect and Facebook Social Plugins
Facebook Connect and Facebook Social plugins are used within the website to make it easier for our users to login to our secure area with their Facebook credentials. Facebook have their own cookies generated, to collect information required to make this collaboration work efficiently.
YouTube and Vimeo cookies
YouTube and Vimeo videos may be embedded into some of our pages. YouTube and Vimeo will not store personally identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode, but will store cookie information for videos which do not have privacy-enhanced mode set.
A cookie named pluvinel.sid keep users logged in to their account between visits to the web site. It may contain user identifiable information such as a user’s name or e-mail address, and whether the user is logged in or not.
6. Deletion of your personal data
We will be storing your personal data for a period that is the prevailing legislation from the date of your last interaction with us. This is because we may need to access historical information for regulatory and business reporting purposes.
If you require information or have any questions in relation to the collection, processing or use of your personal data or in the event of the correction, blocking or deletion of data or the withdrawal of any consent which has been granted, please contact email@example.com
8. Data security
We consider that the protection of all personal data we process is an important responsibility and we comply in this respect with the terms of Datatilsynet.
We implement data security safeguards based upon generally accepted industry standards to protect personal data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, alteration, or loss.
Nonetheless, no data security techniques are 100 percent effective and where information is transmitted over the Internet, there is always some element of risk involved in sending personal data. We cannot and do not therefore guarantee the security of personal data.
9. Applicable law and Jurisdiction